If your printer’s performance no longer pleases you, then it is the right time for you to clean it. Common signs that your printer needs cleaning are paper jams and black spots or unwanted lines on prints.
To get the best result, you need the following materials and tools for cleaning your printer:
- Clean pieces of cloth
- Vacuum (for printer)
- Cotton swabs
Below is the systematic procedure in cleaning your printer.
- Start by referring to the user’s manual that is included in the package when you buy your printer. That will give you ideas on the proper handling of your printer.
- Turn-off and unplug the printer. Let it cool for about an hour.
- Wear your mask and gloves to protect you from toner debris and dust.
- Clean the outer covering of your printer with a moist piece of cloth. You can use a mixture of water and alcohol to disinfect the surface of the cover. You can also use a mixture of vinegar and water to remove mineral deposits.
- Open the printer. There are printers with fasteners or hinges. There are also printers that can be opened only by the use of a screwdriver.
- Once opened, you can remove printer components like the paper tray, toner cartridge, and imaging drum. Place them in a clean place and do not expose them to heavy light.
- Clean the paper tray with a moist cloth. Use a brush to clean the imaging drum. Wipe the cartridge with a piece of dry cloth.
- Clean the interior of the printer by using a vacuum. The vacuum sucks the spilled toner and paper debris inside the printer.
- Use cotton swabs to wipe the small parts inside the printer. If cotton swabs are not available, cotton rolled on match sticks are good substitutes.
- After cleaning the interior, return the paper tray, the drum, and the cartridge to their original places.
- Return the cover and let the printer rest for several minutes before plugging it on.
Aside from giving you clean and clear printouts, cleaning your printer on a regular basis prolongs its useful life. However, if you do not have the time to clean your printer regularly, we at Vegas Ink and Toner is the place to visit.
We have been serving the community for nearly a decade. Aside from providing the best printers and computer supplies, we have a maintenance program that includes cleaning, maintenance, and repairs of printers. Our professional and efficient personnel are always available to help.
With our maintenance program, your printer will be as good as new for a reasonable and affordable price.